A cookie is a very small text file that is placed on your computer’s hard drive when accessing a website for certain information gathering purposes
More about cookies on RandA.org
We will only read or write cookies for the preference level set, cookies set prior to you changing your settings will still be on your computer and you can remove them using your browser settings.
We use a cookie to remember your cookie preferences this has a couple of consequences
- If you delete all your cookies you will have to update your preferences with us again.
- If you use a different device, computer profile or browser you will have to tell us your preferences again.
The cookies used on RandA.org are based on the International Chamber of Commerce guide for cookie categories:
- Strictly Necessary
'Strictly Necessary' cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets, cannot be provided.
We use ‘Strictly Necessary’ cookies to…
- Remember information you have entered on order forms when you navigate to different pages in a single web browser session
- Remember the goods you ordered when you get to the checkout page
- Identify you as being logged in to theopen.com
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the Website, so if you prevent these cookies we can't guarantee your security or predict how the Website will perform during your visit.
'Performance' cookies collect information about how visitors use the Website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the Website works.
We use ‘Performance’ cookies to…
- Provide statistics on how our website is used
- Help us improve the website by measuring the engagement of certain pages/sections
- Help us improve the website by measuring any errors that occur
- Test different designs of our website
In some cases, some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties, but we don't allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
Using our site indicates that you accept the use of 'Performance' cookies.
'Functionality' cookies allow the Website to remember choices you make (such as your user name) and provide enhanced, more personal features. They may be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
We use 'Functionality' cookies to…
- Remember settings you've applied such as layout, text size, preferences and colours
- Remember if we've already asked you if you want to fill in a survey
- Watch video clips or comment on a blog
- Show you when you're logged in to the website